February 28, 2010
Ladies, raise your right hand if you think you know everything there is to know about your man. You know, like what makes him tick. I’m figuring many of you have a hand up. Okay. Now, how many of you think your man knows everything about you, about what makes you tick? Let me guess, your hands are in your lap.
Now if you had your hand up for question number one, but your hand down for question number two, I’m going to go ahead and assume that you read too much (insert name of your preferred chick lit here) or you still use terms and/or phrases like:
“Let’s take this relationship to the next level.”
“It’s all about me.”
“My mother always said…”
“Gee, that was real swell!”
And you have convinced yourself that:
- All men are dogs.
- He won’t respect me if I have sex too soon.
- If he really loves me, if I’m really all that he needs he won’t look at other women.
- Going dutch means that we’re both wearing orange.
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
- He won’t buy the cow if he can get the milk for free.
- If you lie down with dogs you’ll catch fleas (this one might actually be true).
- He probably thinks I’m too fat.
- He probably thinks I’m too skinny.
- All he thinks about is sex and sports.
- He doesn’t think about anything.
If you agree with the caption above and you're convinced you know all you need to know about men stick around; 'cause this month's theme is all about men...and women just like you.
I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t Sam Sharpe the man who wrote The Power of Five and I Feel like Fucking? Isn’t he the one that said that sex is at the forefront of every man’s brain? Well. In a word, yes. But that is only part of the story.
If you’ve been visiting us here at MetAnotherFrog.com for a while, then you know how much we love a story. And this month stories are what you’re going to get. I hope you’re ready. March is Man month and we’re bringing out the big guns. Myself, Elizabeth Rose, Skye and an all star cast of our favourite bloggers and writers are going to give you the straight goods on men.