June 6, 2010
The terrible thing about the quest for truth is that you find it. – Rémy De Gourmont
Communication is the key to many things; good sex, friendship and successful relationships. That is a common theme here on Met Another Frog, both from your hosts and our many guest writers. However, this week’s theme will likely highlight the fact that there can be too much of a good thing, including truth and communication in your relationship.
This week we tackle the misconception that all women want to hear the truth from men. Now maybe most women do want to know their significant other will tell them the truth when it really matters – I would count myself in that group as well. However there are some things I don’t want to know the truth about. So, as much I’d like to know that my man will always tell me the truth, I also realize that means there are some topics we will and should never broach.
In short, there are some questions no lady should EVER ask her man…
- How many woman have you slept with? Do you really want to know? If his list of conquests is higher or lower than yours is it a good or a bad thing? Is it any of your business?
- Do I look fat in this? If you think you do (and if you’re even considering asking you must), don’t wear it! And don’t have dessert that night.
- Were you checking her out? If he’s breathing, then the answer is yes. But as Skye says “unless he’s eye-raping her is it really a big deal?”
- What are you thinking, right now? Probably nothing, don’t embarrass him by pointing it out.
- Would you come to see Sex in The City 2 with me? Dear Lord, you better be offering up serious sexual favours in exchange.
- What do you think of my friend’s new boob job? Asking his opinion on anything to do with your female friends is opening a world of pain. Is there any answer that isn’t going to set off your insecurities?
- Did you ever videotape any of your ex-girlfriends? Asking after you have completed your first homemade porn, will not make you feel special.
- Can I watch the tapes? If he lets you – welcome to paranoia. “Is he enjoying himself more with her?” If he wisely refuses… you are still in paranoia-city, stuck wondering what is on there that he doesn’t want you to see.
- Why did you buy me flowers / jewellery / lingerie? Because he’s been cheating. Or just because he loves you – why not just assume the best and say thank you instead of looking a gift horse in the mouth?
- Is it in yet?