June 8, 2010
As ER pointed out in Not the Whole Truth and I implied in Top 10 Tall Tales Told in the Bedroom, there are times when it’s best not to ask for or tell the truth to your SO/bed mate. However, it is ALWAYS important to face the realities of your relationship – even the ones you are loath to deal with.
If you choose to bury your head in the sand and ignore the issues that come up between you and your SO, I can almost guarantee that at some point down the line, you’ll be facing a world of hurt. So to help you avoid being hit by what I like to call a hard-truth-bitch-slap, I’ve put together a list of the tell-tale signs that indicate your relationship isn’t on track. Things we women often overlook, because we don’t want to accept the TRUTH…
- If your man is constantly saying things like: “I need space”, “I’m not looking for anything serious now”, “I’m not sure what I want”, or is just hitting you with silence when you ask him about your future he’s on his way out the door – because as they say, he’s just not that into you.
- If he’s never made any attempt to introduce you to his friends and/or co-workers, and when you run into one of them by accident they have to ask him “Who’s your friend?” to force an introduction – you ain’t his girlfriend, SO or stucky.
- If ‘out of the blue’ your man begins to repeatedly suggest that you start jogging or going to the gym together – there’s a good chance he’s trying to let you know that you’re losing your sexy.
- If you’ve tried leaving your clothing and toiletries at his house on more than one occasion and he either stashes it in some hidden location or chases you down as you leave to hand it back to you – you are NOT the only one. The same holds true if each and every time you’re at his house the waste bins in his bathroom and/or his bedroom are completely EMPTY – just sayin’.
- If you offered to give him a key to your place and he laughed and said something like “Why would I need that?” or he took it reluctantly and then never ever used it – he isn’t interested in cohabiting or giving you unlimited access to his space.
- If every time the subject of marriage or weddings comes up he changes the subject or bolts from the room – he ain’t trying to marry you.
- If you’ve finally gotten him to agree that marriage is the right choice for the two of you and then he proceeds to drag his heels on the proposal (i.e. takes forever to buy the ring, then even longer to propose) – he isn’t exactly overcome with joy at the thought of being hitched.
- If either of you have to get a bit tipsy to have a real conversation or you have to ask one of your friends to bring up a subject you’d like to broach with your mate the next time you’re all together – you’ve got communication issues, and serious ones at that.
- If he hasn’t attempted to have sex with you or you just haven’t gotten around to having sex with him (because you’re busy, tired, stressed or simply not in the mood) in anywhere from a week to a few months (depending on the man) – he’s getting the cookie somewhere else.
- If getting high or drunk together is your regular prelude to sex because it’s the only way one or both of you can fathom getting naked together, what can I say (you can’t see me, but I’m giving you a Kanye shrug)? Perhaps it’s time to consider getting a new dance partner?